Almost any online casino that accepts American Express is going to be partnering with one of the most trusted brands in the world, American Express, as this is one of the most trusted brands in the world. Since it was founded in Buffalo, New York in 1850, American Express has become a cornerstone of the financial industry and has become a symbol of wealth and excellence throughout the world.
American Express cards are a thing of beauty, a sign of legitimacy, a symbol of success in the adult world. American Express owners pay an annual fee for the right to own and use a card such as this. It was formerly stated that “Membership has its privileges,” as the motto of the company.
Many American Express cards are great credit tools, capable of offering valuable service to their lucky holders, for example as Amex online casino. Is there a good reason for online gamblers to use them in terms of making deposits when looking for a legitimate method of doing that?
Amex and online gambling
An article from Bloomberg News published in 2013 stated that the company did not process transactions relating to online gambling, according to a spokesperson for American Express at the time. This seems strange to me, as many casinos claim on their websites that they are online casino that accepts Amex.
How come several online casinos continue to accept policy online casino that use Amex as a deposit method, even though the company prohibits such transactions?
The most likely answers:
- Players outside the US can only use Amex;
- Only a limited range of payment methods is accepted through Amex;
- Casinos are promoting Amex as a payment service.
While I am sure that casinos would not waste their time mentioning an Amex online deposit USA casino method that does not work, I guess I have a hard time believing they would. It is a transfer of both the player’s and the operator’s time. In addition, a confused customer may decide to play elsewhere.
There is a possibility that some dubious casinos may use this method to obtain information about your credit report in order to commit fraud against you; in that case, they don’t care what brand of card you use. However, this is unlikely to be practiced, as industry custodians will quickly expose such actions and blacklist the operator.
Most likely American Express talked about not doing business in the U.S. market specifically.
According to the most reasonable explanation, only a small part of American Express payments are processed by gaming establishments in other countries. In addition to the difficulty in getting such a card, the corporation’s explicitly negative attitude towards online gambling may also make it even more difficult to use it as an online casino USA Amex deposit.
Amex cards and their types
Regardless of the purpose of use (whether online gambling or shopping), a wide variety of cards are available to customers. There are actually three categories of individual cards:
- Payment cards – Indebtedness on such cards must be paid in full each month.
- Credit cards – The debt of such a card can be carried over to the next month.
- Prepaid Cards – The client puts a certain amount of money on the card and uses it until the funds are exhausted. The card can be recharged at any time.
Here are the most popular cards from Amex:
- Amex EveryDay – This card has no service charge; it provides 0% APR for the first 15 months. Customers get double bonus points when they pay with the card at supermarkets.
- Green Card – This is the most recognizable product of the Amex brand. Debt must be paid in full each month; the annual fee is $95 (although it does not accrue in the first year).
- Gold Card – The first year is free; thereafter an annual fee of $125 will be assessed. No interest is charged as the debt is repaid each month. Points for using the card are credited on every purchase and can be used to pay for a variety of goods and services.
- There are several perks that can be enjoyed as a cardholder of the Platinum card, including discounts at airports, hotels and concert venues. The Platinum card is one of the most prestigious cards on the market and requires an annual fee of $450 dollars.
Online US casino accepting Amex do exist, but there are far fewer than operators offering Visa and MasterCard payments. The fact is that Amex does not want to fully support online gambling and prefers to avoid the added hassle of fraud and changing laws. The success of this corporation does not depend on the gambling market, so it is unlikely that their attitude towards this industry in the near future.